i have figured how to do the simple weaving. i just got this loom from craft part in walmart kinda for kids. ok i have a couple question and yes i do have my duh moment so if anyone can help can you explain easy way lol.
1. if i want to make a scarf or belt how do i connect a full weaving to another to keep giving length to the progect.
2. how can i make it so it don't narrow.
3. if i'm not needing to connect weaving together how do i just finish off a project.
4. what is the best size to try and build for a loom if i wanna try to make blankets to sell.
5. how can i find patterns or any type of designs to have it be unique and not just one solid color then another.
i hope someone can help me.
my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
or can catch me on my facebook. facebook.com/cassiusandciara
First of all welcome to the weavers of the universe!!!
I took a class to figure out if I liked it - and I did. It also answered ALL your questions. I'll answer the questions I can. Here goes.
2. how can i make it so it don't narrow. Well, it could be all in the tie up process. Check to make sure all the warp is on an even tension. That may help.
3. finish off a project - I know that one! you do what's called weaving a header and then doing hemstitching.
5. unique patterns - local library, weavers' guilds, handwoven on-line and just make it up.
One last thing - a great book is LEARNING TO WEAVE BY DEBORAH CHANDLER. It explaines most everything, including the loom question. Available at Amazon for CHEAP! you get terms explained, pictures and pretty pictures.
Good Luck! Barb the dog lady