How To Read Pattern on Rigid Heddle Loom?

This post has 22 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 20
on 16 Jan 2013 5:40 PM

Lynn Tedder, CarolineA, lace marie,  Thank you very much for your replies.

I have replied to you twice once last year and I didn't see anything in this page and replied again and still did not show on this forum.

I will try again.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 20
on 18 Jan 2013 5:02 PM

I do not know why my replies are not showing.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 20
on 18 Jan 2013 5:02 PM

I do not know why my replies are not showing.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 98
CarolineA wrote
on 31 Oct 2013 9:07 PM

Wow, something is very very broken in the forums, as all these replies turned up in my Inbox today Friday 1st November, 2013! I have found replies that I have posted vanishing so its a relief its not my computer settings but the Interweave servers.

I hope by now you have sorted out what you wanted to do and understand the difference between a rigid heddle loom and a 4 shaft loom, and the patterns and how they are written.

Happy Christmas 2013 ( or 2014, going on the track record, lol)!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 20
on 1 Nov 2013 4:56 AM

CarolineA wrote the following post at 11-01-2013 4:07 AM:

Wow, something is very very broken in the forums, as all these replies turned up in my Inbox today Friday 1st November, 2013! I have found replies that I have posted vanishing so its a relief its not my computer settings but the Interweave servers.

I hope by now you have sorted out what you wanted to do and understand the difference between a rigid heddle loom and a 4 shaft loom, and the patterns and how they are written.

Happy Christmas 2013 ( or 2014, going on the track record, lol)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received 18 emails today, 01 November 2013, emails that I have sent last year and did not show when I sent it.  You can see how quick Interweave forum works. Amazingly Quick.  lol

I bought a 4 shaft table loom and someone gave me a four shaft floor loom. I still don't know how to read patterns and now need to learn how to dress a 4 shaft floor loom.  :-)

Have a Great Day.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 20
on 1 Nov 2013 4:58 AM

Sorry I fotgot to say:  I received 18 emails today!  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 98
CarolineA wrote
on 1 Nov 2013 7:06 AM

Chris, Get hold of a copy of Debbie Chandler's book, "Learning to Weave". That will give you all the basics you need to get started, from warping up (3 different ways so you pick the one that suits you the best) to how to read the patterns and what variations you can make to them. Its well worth it, and should be in everyone's library! What you learn about the 4 shaft loom will also help you to understand the rigid heddle loom better.

Cheers, Caroline

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 20
on 1 Nov 2013 12:54 PM

Hi Caroline,

I am going to buy the Debbie Chandler's book "Learning to Weave" and learn how to dress a 4 shaft loom and how to read patterns.  :-)

Thank you very much.

Have a Great Weekend,

Cris

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS