Trouble with uneven fell

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Sherry001 wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 12:27 PM

I am newish, I am working on an 8 harness Jack, I am making cotton towels.  My beat is straight however as I continue to weave I am getting one pull spot just off center and my ends are also pulling away from the castle as well. I thought it would help to use a temple.....it is helping with the draw in but of course is it not doing anything to prevent the pulling in the other direction....away from the castle rather than parallel to the castle.

I tried to straighten the fell and then continue on but the pull just came back.

Is this a problem with uneven tension on the tie on to the front? I have only completed about 6-9 inches.

I hope I have explained this clear enough. 

Sherry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 88
PattieGraver wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 4:54 PM

Hi Sherry,

This could be due to uneven tension (ask me how I know). I have to smile because I had this happen to me today, and I've been weaving for twenty years, LOL. I did not want to retie as I am about a third of the way through a second scarf so I identified the offending threads and inserted a pencil behind them on the warp beam. Voila! The problem disappeared. This may or may not work for you, but I thought I'd share my solution.

Pattie

PS  There is a bit of persnickityness with this. You may have to fiddle a bit with the pencil as you advance the warp.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS