Looking for a four harness mixed twill draft

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
cmania1 wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 1:54 PM

I wove this scarf many years ago and no longer have the draft.  It was published in Handwoven quite awhile ago.  Could anyone steer me to the source or perhaps interpret the threading and treadling from my picture?  I'd like to make a shawl and I'm also not adverse to any draft that might mix twills in an interesting way.

Thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 78
PattieGraver wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 4:47 PM

Hi cmania1,

Although I don't recall that particular draft, you may want to check out  Handwoven Jan/Feb 2008 for an inspirational draft. Although that particular article is for a two panel blanket, you could adapt it for your shawl. The draft in that issue is for 4 shafts and has areas of basketweave (1, 1, 3, 3) and areas of twill (such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1). 

I hope this helps.

Pattie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
cmania1 wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 6:21 PM

Thank you, Pattie.  I think that may be the draft.  Is it pictured in bright colors?  I recently sold my handwoven collection to a new weaver thru craigslist and no longer have her contact info.  Could you send me a copy of the draft or does that infringe on Interweave's copyright rules?  If so, perhaps you would be kind enough to send me a picture of the blanket so that I can be certain before I search out a copy to buy.   I appreciate your help.

Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 78
PattieGraver wrote
on 4 Jan 2013 12:51 PM

Hi Carol,

Sorry but I can't copy the draft or a photo because of copyright rules. However, if you don't mind me having your personal email address, I can send you a similar draft of my own design that you may modify for your shawl. If this is acceptable to you, please send your email address to cgarton@interweave.com with "please forward to Pattie" in the subject line. I checked with Christina, and she will be happy to forward it to me. I know this seems a little cumbersome but I don't want to post my personal email in an open forum.

BTW, the blanket is woven in VERY bright colors.

Pattie

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS